At last! Warm weather! Birds chirping! Shade trees! Outside activities! … and … FLEAS! Flea season is upon us again so we must do whatever we can to protect our pets from these little blood suckers. From Pet Health Network, here are some quick remedies to get rid of fleas,
How to prevent and treat flea infestations
* Use one of the many safe and effective flea products. Your veterinarian will help you pick the best choice for your pet.
* Be sure the products you use target more than one stage of the flea’s life cycle.
* Use these products year-round to keep your household a flea-free zone.
* Always follow the product’s instructions. Some products can be toxic and even fatal if used incorrectly.
* Never use a product meant for dogs on cats. Some dog products contain ingredients that can be toxic and even fatal to cats.
And as I was working on this article, I began feeling guilty about waiting for my LAZY kids to change the kitty litter and got up and did it myself. Oy kids.